Friday, April 15, 2011

A Few Random Thoughts

I was driving down Jennings Rd. yesterday. The garbage truck was making stops in front of me. At one particular stop, a man was waiting to help load his garbage. There wasn't a crazy amount, maybe 4 bags. Anyway, my first thought was how nice that was that he went out and helped. However, after mulling that thought over, I began to wonder what was in those bags. He picked one particular bag to heave into the truck. I'm pretty sure it was a dead body...what else could it have been? So if you leave near Jennings Rd, and you're missing a loved one, I would check with the sanitation people.

Also, made a trip to Walmart yesterday. Hate trips to Walmart, but I had promised ice cream sandwhiches to Claire for her class treat, and was hoping for a "rolled back" price (insert cute yellow smiley face). I did a little bunny shopping as well. Gage is getting harder to make a basket for. Everything he likes is more expensive. Legos, video games, legos, and more legos. However, for Claire I found this cute little Barbie baking set. Cookie sheet, mixer, etc...all Barbie sized! Perfect tiny set for a basket. I was reading the back of the package as well, and you can also get a cleaning set for Barbie. *Gasp* Are you saying that because Barbie is a woman, she has to do all the cooking and cleaning? I am shocked the liberated woman (For the record, it looks like too much work to be liberated.) haven't jumped all over this one. In fact my first thought, as the sets were only like 6 bucks, was "I need to own all these. In their original packages. They will be collectible someday." OK. But that was that crazy recessive gene that pops up occasionally. The one I try to temper. It comes from my dad's side. So I told myself, you already have enough crap in your house without trying to keep track of where you put Barbie's "collectible sets". Barbie's gonna have to keep track of her own clutter...So I came home with my one set. Still not sure that was the right thing to do...

The Hunt family is proudly displaying a building permit in the front window! After (literally) years of contemplating what the next big project at our house will be, we settled on expanding the deck to join it to the pool. When we bought this house, it wasn't going to be our forever house. However, the economy says we will be here for awhile. Honestly, we have 3 acres and I think we've gotten pretty used to that. We have several great neighbors. Except the ones about 4 doors down, with all the cars. They're pretty obnoxious. It's pretty quiet out here, and we've got our space. Yeah, we have to mow it and we don't have a great street for walks/bikerides, so we just save that up for when we visit the cabin. So, needless to say, we have a list of projects ( I guess more fairly, *I* have a list of projects) that can be done over the course of several years, to give us a little more room and change things up a bit. The kids are very excited to have the deck by pool, and I think we'll use the space much more. I'll try to post pictures as they become available.

I think all the sickness and disease has left the building! Phew! Bring on spring! Real spring. Not this crazy rotation between 80 and 40 degrees..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about how awful those neighbor are, the ones with all the cars. Maybe they'll move soon... or spend more time in Florida!

Julie said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so glad I found you. I'm going to shamefully give you the link to mine-I'm a newbie!!
http://surrendertothywill.blogspot.com/