Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My rationalization (I think)

When I announced I would be taking a "breather" from Facebook land, I had hinted I might try and do a little more blogging. A great gal, I like to call her O'Malley, called me out on that. I know what she's saying, saying I'm never going swimming again, and then thinking maybe I could just stay in the shallow end.

However, I have my reasons why I think this will work. A friend of mine, the fabulous Rachel K., once pointed out that sometimes our egos get fed just a tiny bit too much from our dabblings in Facebook. I'm not saying this happens to everyone, but some of us have egos that thrive on all that attention. Egos who are giddy when their post gets positive attention, and so disappointed when not even one person comments. Facebook should not define me. Not goood...

Sometimes what I read on Facebook just makes me angry. I'll be checking in and read something that I find just down right irritating. Which 9 times out of 10 leads to. My child: Mommy. Your shirt is pretty. Me: umm-hmm (still trying to figure out why the idiot on FB posted what they did. Child: May I please... Me: Would you just find something to do! Ok folks, that just can't be healthy. In that case I'm giving Facebook a little too much say in my emotional state for the day.

So in blog land it's the best of both worlds. I get to share whatever is rattling around in my mind at that time. It's sort of out of the way. Like those cookies you actually have to get the step stool out to reach. My blog is here, if you want to take the extra time to click on it, it's available. You might decide after all that effort, it really wasn't worth the time to read. That's ok with me. I will never even know.

My hope would be to share something that someone else can realate to. Maybe something positive. Maybe a no-good, horrible, bad day (love that book). Motherhood can be a lonely place sometimes. Ultimately, we're all in it together. Nobody gets to win. Don't waste the energy trying to. Until next time...

No comments: