Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wacky Week

The last week has been one of those that feels like Ground Hog's Day, well I guess that would be week. After Brady pulled the ER shenanigans last Wednesday, Claire came home sick from school on Thursday. We then woke up Friday morning to a light layer of ice, which closed school for the day.

Saturday morning Garth and Gage left for Camp Copneconic. They spent 24 hours in blissful, boy heaven. They did tons of outdoor activities that involved rain, sleet, snow, and mud. They were fed and treated wonderfully by the staff of Camp Copneconic...and can NOT WAIT to go again next year! The night they were gone, a true miracle occurred. Claire and Brady both REQUESTED to go to bed at 7:00pm. They were all set up for a slumber party in my room, so I guess they were excited to settle in? I don't know. All I do know, is I could not get to sleep for the life of me that night. It was nearly 2am and I was STILL tossing and turning.

Sunday, Claire and I had our "girls day out" with Grandma Patti, Aunt Laura, Skye, and Gennafer. We got to go see the Flint Young People's Ballet (I think I've got that right) perform Cinderella. It was great. So great, in fact, Claire is thinking about taking ballet lessons again next year...well, and Girl Scouts, piano lessons, horseback riding lessons, etc. I think the only thing she hasn't mentioned is Yiddish. I'm sure that will eventually be added to the list!

The Ground Hog's day thing came into play yesterday, when Brady decided to celebrate Wednesday "Brady style". He got out of bed yesterday morning, puked, and proceeded to spend all day on the couch with a fever. Today he's at least 90% back to normal. Hopefully, the crud doesn't sweep through the house. So pretty much, when Wednesday rolls around again, I will make sure I don't have any big plans. Apparently we like to acknowledge the middle of the week in some sort of "big way" around here. How do people with more than one child find time to work? I would have been totally fired by now. Since the first of the year, I can't think of one week that has gone by without some sort of "irregularity" to our schedule. I guess that secures my "job position" here though. It doesn't pay very well, but heck, you can't beat the flexibility.

Can't really think of a catchy ending to this entry. I'm kind of feeling just a little tired and a little zapped. This cloudy weather doesn't help. The countdown to spring IS ON!

On a side note, looking very forward to attending a book discussion at church tonight, finishing up the last of the basketball season this weekend, and welcoming my parents home on Saturday. Things are looking up!

This was incredibly choppy and not very exciting. But it's what we've been up to. I'll try to come up with something catchy or, better yet, controversial for next time!

1 comment:

Brittan said...

"yiddish" - funny!

I LOVED Camp Copneconic as a kid!!!