Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No fair!

I never sleep right, anticipating the "winter storm". Tossing and turning, waiting for that call, but knowing I won't hear it. I turn the phone off whenever there is icky weather predicted. I don't necessarily need to know at 5am that there is no school that day. So basically, I wait all night for a silent phone to ring. Don't judge. In my world that makes perfect sense.

To wake up...and there IS school! What? No one else has school! Why do I have to get out of bed? It's so not fair. For the kids that is. It's all about the kids. It's not that I wanted to sleep in or anything. I didn't already have the chore list planned for the kids. And I certainly hadn't contemplated making cinnamon rolls last night, on the off chance we would all be home in the morning. That would be ridiculous. I mean, geesh...what am I? Like 5 years old or something?

For the record, it's still not fair...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I felt the same way this morning...I even planned to work from home, assuming they surely wouldn't have school. THEN, when they never closed, I decided I was still working at home. : ) I didn't want to drive my new car (yes I picked it up Monday) on the yucky roads all the way to work! Enjoy your day!

Allison Hunt said...

Ooh Holly! I want a ride in your new car! How exciting! I hope you're all loving it!

Unknown said...

Why are you up and on the computer so early? I'll trade cinnamon rolls for biscotti.

Allison Hunt said...

I must have myself listed in the wrong time zone! Definately wasn't on the computer at 5am. I'm not THAT crazy!