Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring is in the air!

A few things that say spring is right around the corner:

*end of basketball season
*time change
*raindrops instead of snow
*the countdown to two birthdays in the next month
*flannel sheets are finally feeling too warm (hard to believe!)
*muddy boots
*welcome call from Gage's Little League coach
*meatless Fridays
*spotting items in the yard I forgot we even had
*Daddy Daughter Dance
*beautiful Michigan potholes



This winter seemed very long this year. Even spending a week in Florida, didn't seem to shorten it too much. I lost count of the number of mornings that it had snowed/iced just enough to make for slippery conditions. So glad that we seem to be coming out of the doldrums of winter and into the new life of SPRING!

Looking so forward to putting the furniture back on the front porch, opening up the pool, weekends at the cabin, and the breeze blowing through the windows. This time of year I always swear I will never turn the air on again, once we are able to open the windows. Well, and I promise to water my flowers in August too, that occasionally (!) doesn't happen...I'm glad you all aren't the judgemental type :-)

I HAVE. GOT. TO. figure out what keystroke on this silly laptop makes an entire paragraph delete. It completely just deleted everything I had written on my Facebook fast, oh well. Guess you weren't meant to read that. PS. Holly, I definately miss you!!!

I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful sunshine. Getting ready to fire up the oven for a loaf of bread (I know! Very domesticate of me!). Might have to crack open a window to inhale that first smell of SPRING!

Enjoy the weather while it lasts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, you updated your blog! Missing you & your wit! I love that spring is in the air too, having the kids play outside & riding bikes is such a thrill for them & me : )
OK...let's see if this comment thing works this time!
btw - you got a call from a little league coach?!?! We haven't yet!

Unknown said...

oh yeah - it worked!!! Watch out - now I can comment freely : )

Allison Hunt said...

Good job Holly! Comment away! Yes, we have heard from our coach. His name has escaped me, but Garth and I both thought he sounded very nice and lively :-)